Tuesday, June 1, 2021
Saturday, May 29, 2021
Friday, April 9, 2021
We are happy to be able to now be able to fabricate our own duct work. With this added capability we now can provide our customers with quality craftsmanship and complete installs in a more timely manner.
Monday, March 22, 2021
Don't forget to call, for an AC maintenance!
Here are a few items we will do to insure your system is ready;
- Check refrigerant pressures
- Check batteries and program thermostat
- Inspect and clean blower cabinet
- Inspect condensate drainage and pump, don't want to have it all clogged up!
- Inspect and test motors
- Inspect, clean and service air cleaner, need to have fresh air to breath!
- Inspect and adjust drive pulleys/belts
- Inspect all electrical connections, rodents like to chew and make nests in the outside unit!
- Lubricate parts as needed, need to keep those parts running smoothly!
- Check expansion valve coil temperature, need to stay cool during those hot months!
- Check pressure switch, cut-out setting
- Test operating pressures
- Inspect start capacitor and potential relay
- Visually inspect compressor and duct-work
- Cycle and check overall operation
When Douglas Mechanical Services was incorporated in May of 2004, the goals set forth by Doug and Jill Sturtevant were simply to provide good quality professional service by well trained technicians. Technicians that follow the rules and regulations that are set forth by Douglas Mechanical, along with Federal and State codes, to ensure the utmost safety for all concerned.
Fast forward to this past summer, when many companies were searching for ways to survive during the throws of the pandemic, DMS continued to thrive, adding a brand new 2,500 square foot sheet metal shop. The shop consists of two office spaces for sales staff, a conference area, storage, and the sheet make up area.
The goal was to be able to produce their own sheet metal for install jobs as well as have the ability to provide for other smaller companies in the area, while also hiring a full-time sheet metal technician to assist in training their apprentices in order to create ductwork for jobs. In addition, the training consists of having manufacturer reps come in with newly developed equipment, technology, and tools in order to keep abreast of the everchanging HVAC world.
Conveniently located in Berlin, but servicing all Central Connecticut, Douglas Mechanical Services are big proponents of the trade schools throughout New England and are passionate to provide a learning/training environment. They are hopeful that by the summer of 2021, they can open a satellite location on the coastal area of CT, to provide even more quality HVAC services, therefore the need to create the sheet metal division was imperative to ensure the quality standards they have been known to provide.
For more information on services provided by DMS or to learn more about their sheet metal division call (860) 357-4952 or email Jill at firstname.lastname@example.org.