DMS HVAC NEWS
Thursday, January 5, 2023
Monday, December 19, 2022
Warmest holiday wishes for you and family
Very Happy, Healthy New Year !
We will be closed all day December 23 & 26 2022 and January 2,2023
Please call 860 357 4952 to speak to our on call staff for emergencies!
Monday, November 28, 2022
Thursday, November 24, 2022
Thursday, September 22, 2022
- Schedule Heating maintenace with Douglas Mechanical
- Clean out fireplace
- Seal cracks around windows and doors
- Clean out gutters
- Inspect your roof
- Test smoke & CO detectors
Wednesday, July 6, 2022
4 Natural Ways to Lower Humidity at Home
- Take shorter showers Long showers can cause moisture to build up in your bathroom and surrounding rooms. By shortening the length of showers you can reduce some of the moisture
build-upinside your home.
- Cover the soil on house plants If you have a lot of house plants inside your home you may want to cover the soil. You can use a layer of rocks to help keep the moisture in the soil. This will stop the moisture from leaving the soil and entering your home's air.
- Ventilate Good ventilation can do wonders when there is an excess of moisture in your home. Consider adding a fan that ducts to the outdoors in your kitchen and bathroom. You can also open the window when taking showers.
- Use bowls of kitty litter or calcium chloride When you place bowls of kitty litter or calcium chloride around your home it can help to draw the moisture out of your home's air and absorb it. You just need to be sure to replace it every couple of weeks.
If you have attempted to lower the humidity in your home naturally and the humidity levels in your home are still high, a dehumidifier can help. Dehumidifiers work to draw the moisture out of the air, balancing the humidity levels in your home, leaving it feeling more comfortable.
Friday, July 1, 2022
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)