Many of these questions can be answered by our technicians during a routine maintenance !
There are several options you can do to ensure the healthiest air is running through your home. . Douglas Mechanical can provide more information on all these options, give us a call, 860 357 4952 or email today!
Here are some simple suggestions;
- Filters should be changed every 3 to 4 months.
- Be sure to use good, quality MERV( minimum efficiency reporting value) rated filters.
- Even better consider changing your disposable filter to a larger capacity disposable MERV filter !
- Add ultraviolet light in your HVAC air handler and/or warm air furnace to kill microbes as they pass through the system.
- Add an ERV(exhaust recovery ventilator) or HRV(heat recovery ventilator) to your heating system.
- ...and of course remember to have your Heating/AC system maintained twice a year each! This ensures the best efficiency and longevity of your system!