Some simple steps to do, as a homeowner, in between professional maintenances
- Keep your exterior unit free and clear of any debris by removing any vegetation that may be nearby.
- Keep your indoor registers unobstructed, so the air can flow freely throughout the home
- Keep your indoor registers clean and dust free. Pet hair/fur and other household debris can clog up the interior part of the system if it is sucked in.
- If you have done recent interior renovations, be mindful that dust and debris can also get sucked into the system too.
- Air filters should be changed, or washed (if it's a reusable, washable filter), every 30 to 90 days. Make a note on your calendar, put an alert on your smart phone to remember to check you filter regularly. We can provide you the information and the filters to change them yourself. Please call 860 357 4952 information.
- Rodents, bugs and other pests can wreak havoc on your indoor system and cause a lot of destruction. Be sure to prevent them from invading your system and keep them out!
The benefits of maintaining your system
- Better air quality, especially for those that suffer from asthma or other illness
- Greater efficiency, performance and lower utility bills.
- Maintains the longevity of your system and keep expensive repair costs down!